Service Delivery Department
About service delivery
Service delivery department involves the implementation of quality adolescent and youth friendly health services at the NTIHC, in the surrounding communities and in supported government health facilities. NTIHC offers a range of youth friendly sexual and reproductive health services to young people between the ages of 10 and 24 years. These services are offered at the NTIHC facility, selected health centers around Kampala, neighboring districts (Mukono, Kayunga, Luwero, Mpigi, Wakiso, Nakaseke, Butambala and Gomba districts) and through outreaches to most at risk communities.
About service delivery
The role of service delivery is to ensure that the package and standard of services offered at NTIHC, in the community and the different supported sites resonate with the approved MOH guidelines and service standards for adolescent health services. The department oversees the development, implementation and review of policies, procedures, guidelines, and strategies, for quality ASRH service delivery.
- Maternal and child health care including Antenatal care, Family Planning, Postnatal care, Post abortion care, pregnancy testing and Immunization.
- HIV testing services including HIV testing, HIV counseling, HIV care and treatment for young people living with HIV.
- STI/STD screening, diagnosis, & management
- Management of other general medical ailments.
- General counseling on issues that affect young people like SGBV, drugs and substance abuse, growth and development etc.
- Provision of accurate SRHR information through health discussions/talks, distribution of IEC materials, toll free helpline, audiovisual edutainment materials.
- Psychosocial support through clubs for young people i.e,
- Post Test club where young people get information on life skills for better decision making for healthier lives,
- The club for YPLHIV where young people living with HIV gather to deliberate and encourage each other to live positively for a better future and
- The Peer mothers’ club for young mothers to share about their challenges and how to overcome them and mobilize their peers in the community for maternal health services.
- Condom education and distribution to promote safer sex practices among young people.