Naguru Teenage Information and Health Centre (NTIHC) is the pioneer program in providing Youth Friendly Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (ASRHR) services in Uganda. NTIHC is implementing the SHE SOARS project with support from Care International Uganda in West Nile Districts of Arua and Madi Okollo. The She Soar project works alongside with health care providers and key stakeholders in the target communities to provide evidence-based sexual and reproductive health information, address root causes of gender-based inequalities, improve health services, and work with young people, particularly girls, to increase decision-making about their lives and their bodies. NTIHC seeks to recruit a qualified individual to work on the project in the following position. Applicants should be ready to start work on 1st August 2023 and should be natives of Madi-Okollo.
- Project Officer , Duty Station – Madi – Okollo
Duties and responsibilities
- Implementation and monitoring project plans and project schedules
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings, trainings and workshops
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately
- Ensure stakeholders views are managed towards the best solution.
- High ability to set priorities and deliver in the face of frequent interruptions, tight deadlines and competing objectives
- Understanding of Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health programming methodologies and approaches.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community
- In-depth knowledge of participatory approaches in M&E and development issues
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Experience in donor reporting
Education & Certifications
- Minimum of a diploma in Public Health, Community Development, Social Work and Social, Administration, Social Sciences or any related field from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of two years working experience in an NGO preferably in West Nile – Arua and Madi Okollo Districts in a health related setting.
- Should be familiar with the health systems in the District
- Knowledge of the local language
- Supervision skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication and networking
- Proven integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to ride a motor cycle and possession of a valid driving license
The Job Descriptions cover the main tasks and convey the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs. It is part of every staff member’s responsibility to contribute to NTIHC’s mission and comply with NTIHC’s values.
How to apply:
Interested individuals should apply to The Executive Director, Naguru Teenage Information and Health Centre.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date.
- Please note that hard copy submissions will NOT be accepted.
- Natives of Madi Okollo districts are encouraged to apply.
- Successful Applicants should be ready to start work on 1st August 2023.
CLOSING DATE: 25th July 2023